Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cupcakes = Love!

This summer I was blessed with the opportunity to combine two of the things I love most in life, my family and cupcakes! My grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. To help celebrate the occasion I spent months testing cupcakes. The hard work paid off, they were perfect!


The cupcake stand was custom made by my grandfather.  I simply hot glued ribbon around each layer and had a gorgeous flower arrangement made for the top. The Stand held around 100 cupcakes.

My biggest challenge with this project was the frosting! I needed the perfect recipe. After much trial and error i found the Perfect Vanilla Frosting Recipe.  When you read the directions at this link you may think it seems strange, but trust me. It is amazing.  I gave this recipe an extra blast of flavor by adding vanilla bean to my sugar. Yummy!

I made the edible hearts myself simply, saving money on expensive cake toppers.  I melted white chocolate and used a Ziploc bag to pipe hearts onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment